Life! The Universe! And Everything!

Life! The Universe! And Everything!

This blog is about....

My joys, my horrors, my life!
And don't forget;
**Every moment hesitated is a moment gone of life!**

Merry Christmas!

2009Posted by Jonte Thursday, December 24 2009 04:59:57
Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas to you all!

This is going to be another loong random message containing no real point or purpose other than entertaining myself on a boring bus ride.

Christmas is all about sharing and caring, eating and drinking, argues and stress. Proper Christmas times. At least that’s what I’ve understood from all the people I’ve met when travelling. It’s all part of it. Of course - in the end it’s all made up for and, overall, Christmas is something great and beautiful.
For me right now though, it’s something which will be very different.
To start with, there’s no snow. Secondly, there’s no family or friends to celebrate it with. Thirdly…I’m on a bus right now.

But hey! Then again! It’s just the 24th. And… on Christmas day, when everything is closed and no single person should be working, I’m flying from Christchurch to Sydney. Hoping that they’ll be in a jolly good Christmas mood and giving me lots of free stuff on the plane and showing the Nightmare before Christmas on the TV screens.

I’m looking forward to it though. I’m meeting up with Marte again there, and I’ve also decided to meet up with a Sydney girl I met when bungy jumping. And the two of us have a mission to do. If it works or not, we’ll see, but it’s another sign on how much I’ve changed - all for the better of course.
So yes, my days in Sydney will be eventful even though there’s only 4 of them…

I’m hoping to be able to get onto the internet today in the library, but I’m not sure if the libraries are open during Christmas…

To go back to a few things which’ve happened earlier on…
Me and Caroline did reach Franz Josef - of course. And we went to see the Glacier! Which was amazing! That massive chunk of ice and the valley it’d pressed itself into… It’s a mighty sight for those who hasn’t seen anything like it before. I didn’t go climbing on it though. Don’t really have the money to do it right now. And because of that chunk of ice, it’s very rainy in the close lying area of it… Me - not having any rain clothes what so ever was not too bothered by this actually. It was cold and wet, but it wasn’t raining a lot… until we decided to go back home at least - and we managed to hitch a ride back to the hostel by a friendly couple from Australia.
Oh! There was a really cool bird there as well! Not very scared of people at all and a bloody model on top of that! Jumping from rock to rock and posing for pictures just a few meters away.

Anyway, we had to stay there for one more night than intended - due to that there is no bloody way to actually get OUT of Franz Josef unless you have your own car. And since it’s always raining, you don’t wanna hitch.
We booked a bus on the evening before, went out to stand outside about 5 minutes before it was intended to be there. But apparently the bus had already passed and gone. We got very confused and went over to the hostel to talk to them about this and they told us to go down to the bus stop - there somehow had to be some sort of mistake.
So we did, and just as I’m walking up on the side of the bus, it closes the door and drives off… Annoyance.

We got to borrow a mobile phone off a nice girl to call the company and ask what the hell was going on? They told us they’d call the driver. After much frustration the bus finally came back for us. Apparently they hadn’t notified the driver that we were supposed to be on the bus, so - of course. He didn’t wait for us.
He was very nice though and we made it to Hokitika.
The passengers on the bus though was not so nice - when I came on I thanked everyone for their patience and apologised for causing such a mess. The obvious thing to do, right?
Then a man opens his mouth as I‘m passing by and gives me a very “upper class“ - look (you know the one - “I‘m so much better than you“-one), American of course, “We wouldn’t have waited for you…”.

Later on when we were on a quick stop he came back up to me again and asked me where I’m from.. “Sweden.”
“Oh, we thought you were from Florida because you were so late.”
… I’m sorry? Does these people believe that the world revolves around them? There’s more bloody countries in the world than America.
A friend of mine who’s American told me something very true. “The one thing Americans need to understand is that the rest of the world hates them.”
This might seem very racist or close-minded when you’re travelling. But when you’re in a group of friends, the Americans are the guys who always has to be the centre of attention and can’t be satisfied with just listening to a story, but has to come up with a better story to beat the story just been told. Funny that the people of one of the most powerful countries in the world would have the tiny dick complex. Guess that’s explains a lot about the country itself.

Anyway… enough ranting.
We finally reached Hokitika and spent a few hours there - looking at Kiwis and learning a bit about Punamu and New Zealand Jade. I even splashed out a bit and got myself a Christmas present.
Taking a bus from Hokitika we finally came to Greymouth. And I spent that bus trip talking to a girl from Austria named Silvia. We decided to go to the same hostel and we all ended up in the same room, along with a Welch guy who came a bit later and suddenly a crew was formed! His friend also turned up a bit later and we had an awesome evening!
Lots of fun and drinks until it was time for us to leave the day after. Caroline stayed behind to go to Christchurch the day after that. Silvia took a bus to Nelson and I hitched to the same location, and we both was going to meet up at the same hostel there.
Hitching is always fun and an adventure in itself - so I won’t bore you with details. But I made it after a good couple of k’s walking and about 8 hours.

Oh! I stopped by the ‘Pancake rocks’ and was chased by seagulls (went to far out on the rocks too close to their nesting place, haha). It was pretty damned cool and I’ve got pictures of that as well.

The hostel had free wifi (Yay!), so I was on the net quite a lot when I was staying there and me and Silvia went kayaking the day after I arrived. It was completely awesome and I saw seels with their babies, penguins and shags (to mention a few). I also saw a black shag - apparently a thing which is very rare to see by the coast.
I thought he was kidding first. But a shag is actually a type of bird…And - as the name states - a black shag is a completely black one.
They’re quite funny because unlike other birds they’re not water resistant. They soak the water up to sink easier. But when they get back up they can hardly fly because they’re so heavy, so they have to get to a branch and dry out in the sun.
We stopped on a beach to relax and have something to drink and eat. I was lying on a beach and bathing in the sea a few days before Christmas. I also had a mug of hot chocolate, which was delicious!
Our tour guide had lost his watch, he told us this and asked what the time was… no one knew of course.
So we managed to stretch the tour out to be about an hour longer than it was supposed to be - Awesomeness!

Right… so we’ve made it up ’til the day before yesterday now… And nothing really happened that day apart from us baking Austrian Christmas cookies and bribing us in with those to share a nice mussel meal some others cooked.
Silvia left early in the morning, and thus I was without anyone I knew again, but fear not people! I found one! A woman who had turned 30 the day before had moved into my room and of course, we had to celebrate her 30th birthday with two bottles of wine and some nice food. It was a fun evening and around midnight I brought out the guitar and began playing a few songs. Feels weird when you’re the only one who knows how to play again.. But apparently people liked it and I was even able to pick out a few songs just by them singing it and I’d find the chords to it. So, even though I don’t know many popular songs, I can still pick ‘em out.

Wow, 3rd page…
The one who reads all this is one go must either be very interested, or very bored.
Anyway… I can’t think of anything more to write, schooo.. I’ll see you all later! Probably in Australia!
Merry Christmas to you all!

  • Comments(3)//

091217 - Hichhiking

2009Posted by Jonte Sunday, December 20 2009 00:03:43
The road goes on and on…
I’ve never really understood the concept until I started hitchhiking. It’s such a cool experience to have. To travel all these distances without actually paying for anything. We’ve been quite lucky though. We just left Queenstown yesterday and was only able to make it to Wanaka in one day. So we spent the night there, in the same hostel as before. And today we’re making our way to Franz Josef. Hopefully. We’re not sure how far we’ll get, but I’m keeping the hope up for the both of us.
Caroline has a cold which won’t really go away and it makes her grumpy and easily irritated. And being as generalizing as I am; she’s from the central Stockholm, so she’s slightly getting on my nerves. I can’t really tell what it is, but something about her behaviour makes me annoyed. She acts as if she’s better than everyone else. I even heard other people say the same thing. But I’m still going to travel with her for the time being, she hasn’t pissed me off yet, haha.

Anyway, moving back a bit in time… Queenstown! We spent a few more nights there than we thought we would, but wow, did I experience things. First of all, the skydive, didn’t happen the day after. The weather wasn’t good enough for a skydive to take place, so I waited around until it was time for me to do the Bungy and Arc combo. Oh my god, the feeling was amazing. First there was a bus drive up a tiny gravel road in the mountain, most places didn’t even have any rails, and the rails it did have consisted of barbed wire for the sheep… and a 100 metre drop straight down.
When we finally got up there it was quite windy, but not too bad. Although the small cable “car” which took us out to the “building” hanging from the cables where you do your jump was swaying a lot in the wind. It had only a metal fence and a metal floor with holes in the metal so you could easily see down to the ground. In the cable-building they equipped you with ankle-pads which were later hooked onto the bungy-cable when it was your turn.
I was the first one out and to be honest… I was able to keep a straight face and be rather relaxed and calm on the outside. But inside I was bubbling with uncertainty and fear. Which I do believe you should when you’re about to do something as crazy as that; leaping from 134 meters into a canyon with a river running through it. It’s an amazing and beautiful place by itself. But standing there on the tiny ledge, looking down to the bottom below. Your whole body tingles.

I was the one to jump first. And so I went up the platform, attached to my bungy-cable and stood on the platform. “I’m going to give you a countdown… 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.” and I leapt. I shifted my body forward so I came out of balance, and before the mind kicks in there was only one thing I could do. A no hesitation leap straight out into nothingness.
The ground comes at you quicker than you think, but the adrenaline pumping through your body is amazing!
It’s the most fun thing I’ve done in my entire life. And the recoil of the elastic band isn’t as bad as it looks. It’s very slow and nice actually.

So, after having the greatest adrenaline rush of my life, I went to do the giant swing! 120 meters up in the air, you swing in a gigantic arc which stretches over 600 meters. Of course, I chose to do that one hanging upside down, facing the way I was going.
The swing was more of a nice, relaxing feeling than an adrenaline pumping one as the Nevis Bungy. It was still nice as hell though and I don’t regret for one second the money I spent on them.

The day after that the weather wasn’t good for skydiving either. So it didn’t happen that day. But I did go on a Jetboating trip. Which was… not as good as I hoped it would. It wasn’t bad and is probably really good for families who have children which are a bit older. They’re very skilled drivers who knows the waters and rocks perfectly as they’re speeding through the rocks and canyons at 80 km/h , licking the rock walls and doing 360 spins (only one at a time though).

I also met Helen (from Byron bay!), who was also in Queenstown at the time working as a teacher for university students.. Heh. It’s funny when you think of it… Not the type of character I would expect in a teacher.
Anyway, we went out during the evening and just enjoyed ourselves. She’s so much fun!
I got a few hours sleep and went to the skydive centre hung over (due to my state I was late and thought I didn’t have to go to the centre that day, but apparently they were already waiting for me… So I ran from my hostel (bumbles) to the skydive centre for N-Zone.
They shipped us out and we finally headed up in the tiny, tiny plane to do our first jump ever! The plane doesn’t have any seats and to be able to stand you have to be smaller than a midget.
It does have a padded floor though and the door is made of a thin sheet of plastic.
Then they open up the door and you’re suddenly 15 000 feet up in the air. Looking down at the clouds. And suddenly you’re being moved to the door itself and you soon find yourself sitting on the side, feet dangling underneath the plane.
Then it’s time for the jump and you don’t do anything. The instructor does all that… and after that… you’re just falling. I imagine that dying from leaping from such a height must be very comfortable. But after 60 seconds of falling through the sky the parachute opens up and you feel a tug, then you’re soaring… just floating through the sky. It’s an amazing feeling which is hard to describe. But I’ve thought about actually becoming a skydiver after trying this. Doing this as job, or even just for a hobby would be awesome.

The same day as I did that me and Helen went up the mountain in Queenstown. We walked up (because tickets costs money) and it was quite a long walk uphill. It didn’t have a proper path for those who weren’t able to walk well, but for me and Helen it was fun. Carro was going to tag along, but she was so sick and slow that she turned back to the hostel. But we continued onwards and upwards!
We got a lift from some guys who were driving up on the last way, which was awesome. Up there we drove something which was called Louge. Which is like small cars you drive down hills on a track. It was funny as hell and me and Helen were racing and trying to knock each other off the track. Sooo much fun!

Now we’re currently in a car with a swizz guy who picked us up on our way to Franz Josef. He’s backpacking as well, so we’ve stopped at a few different locations, taking pictures, enjoying the views and just being amazed at the nature in this incredibly beautiful country. We stopped by a beach where the rocks were flat and been grounded down by the sea to make them smooth as a baby… I took a few with me, no big ones though. The entire side of the beach was covered with small towers of stones people have built as a memory. ..we did that too.
So, right now I’m looking out and on either side there’s mountain ranges covered with trees. And on top there’s a few wisp of clouds that’s stretching their way down the mountain side.
It’s easy to see that this is the youngest land mass on earth with its incredibly lush and energetic country. It blows you away.
Those of you who’s seen Lord of the Rings movies and think the scenery is beautiful.. You ain’t seen nothing yet. You see scenery similar to that on a daily basis.

There’s been a change in climate again now as well. It’s more lush forests around the roads and they are more windy and small. I’m indeed very impressed with this country and I’d love to travel and trek here some other time. It’s a shame the wages are horrible. 12-13 NZ dollars an hour is a normal minimal wage, which most people get. Which is about 60-65 SEK… And it’s still rather expensive to live here. A night in a hostel costs from 27 dollars for the cheapest. And food’s not cheap either.
So before I do come here to work I need a good education and resume so I can get a good job, haha.

Now I’m going to fall asleep I think, it’s been a long day and I’m slightly growing tired of Carro’s constant hopelessness if we don’t get a ride in 30 minutes. It takes her about 10 minutes to grow bored and start going “This is going to take forever! We won’t be able to make it what so ever…” Etc. etc. etc. I do believe that the sickness is making her tired, but she does also have a lot of stuff and doesn’t pack very well, so she’s carrying a lot of extra bags, hanging when she’s walking.
I’ve only got my backpack, the food bag hanging from that, guitar and fire staff. I repacked all my things yesterday so I could optimize my backpack. And my backpack is getting rather heavy on that note, I’m going to try and weigh it just to see how much it actually weighs, but I think that, with the food bag, it weighs at the very least 30-40 kilos. Probably more. It’s fun though.

I’m running out of days now though. And I fear I won’t be able to go up north to see Tee. Which sucks. Because I really wanted to do that, but then again. There will definitely be another time for that as well. This trip has taken me around the southern island and it’s so expensive to take the ferry to the northern island at this point. But whatever happens I’m confident that I’ll be satisfied whatever happens and I’m overjoyed that I got to meet Helen again and spend some really great time with her. Nothing is ever boring when you’re with Helen.
She even taught me how to make chickens out of kitchen towels. Which now is my new mission. A kitchen-chicken invasion!
As I said… Nothing is ever boring with Helen around.

I wish you all very well and I shall be seeing you later! … Hope I can upload this soon.

  • Comments(1)//

091212 - New Zealand

2009Posted by Jonte Sunday, December 20 2009 00:02:58
It is now the 12 December. I came to New Zealand a week ago and have travelled further than I ever thought I would in such a short time.
I’ve been travelling with Carolin, a Swedish girl I met in Christchurch and we’ve been hitchhiking together since. It’s been a good trip and an easy one at that, people believe we’re a couple and thus they are more likely to pick us up. It’s been proven to work so far. We went from Christchurch with a guy we met in the hostel, and he took us almost halfway. Then we got a ride from there with an old man who had beaten cancer and had to lift his leg up to the clutch every time he was going to use it.
He took us down old roads next to the canals and on small sightseeing trips to different lookout points where he stopped and let us take pictures. It was amazing to see all these different routes most people don’t know anything about.
He took us down to Twizel, a tiny town in the middle of nowhere pretty much. But we got a lift from there by a man who was on a business trip with a rental car. He was from the northern island, but had never been down to the southern parts. So he was on as much of a sightseeing as we were. He drove us to Wanaka, which turned out to be a beautiful place with a lake and mountains all around it. It’s hard to believe that you can come to a place which looks like they do on a postcard. But the places like that do exist. Believe me.
Today we left Wanaka and headed for Queenstown, which is also a beautiful place. We got a lift from a girl who was very well travelled, having been in many places, including Sweden.
We drove through a mountain pass, over it is more proper to say though. It was an amazing sight from on top of it. You’ll be hearing a lot of that word in this, for all I have seen so far has been amazing. Much alike the post cards you might see. The next time I come here I will buy a car and drive by myself. To get a proper look of it all.
On the way down from the mountain we started to smell something burning, which happened to be the breaks of the car we were travelling in… so we had to stop a few times on the way down to let them cool down a bit. But we made it to Queenstown without much difficulty and she even let us stop at a supermarket to buy some food.

It’s been a crazy and fun trip so far and me and Carolin are actually getting along pretty well. I booked some awesome stuff today though, for tomorrow I am going to do a 15 000 feet skydive in the morning, and the tallest bungy jump and also a massive canyon swing in the afternoon!
It’s going to be amazing beyond belief!

  • Comments(0)//

091206 - Farwell Byron Bay

2009Posted by Jonte Sunday, December 20 2009 00:02:10
Farewell Byron Bay! I’ll see you another time.
It was not easy to leave for me. But with the knowledge of what’s awaiting me, I could at the same time not wait for it to happen.

Jo, Marte, Alicia, Tee and Jess followed me to the bus, and when we were there we met Rachel as well who also came to say farewell. Me with 6 girls carrying all my stuff behind me was quite the feeling to be honest. But it also made me realize how good friends I’ve made during my almost 4 months here in Byron Bay and the Art’s Factory.
I’ve had an amazing time with lots of joy, tears, laughter and sorrow. Every component to make a place unforgettable. I’ve chased bush turkeys, removed dangerous spiders from my tent, helped capture deadly snakes, experienced wonderful locations and places, rock climbed and almost woken up a massive iguana, written songs and preformed for a big crowd both in the hostel and a bar, met wonderful musicians and people whom I feel honoured to call my friends.
I have indeed nothing to regret in any I have done and am proud to say that I have grown much as an individual in this place.
I will miss you Byron Bay, but most of all, will I miss my friends…

On my last day here I was pretty hung over due to the massive party we had the night before.
It was an amazing night and they got the Codebreakers to play my favourite song of theirs; Carnival.
I was rocking it out as usual, and as a finish they stood on either side of me with the guitars; my head in between the two guitars, as they were playing. It was an amazing stereo effect and I enjoyed every second of it.
Partly because I have yet to have one single person say anything bad about me, but the opposite. They have all said that I have a good thing going. That I am so easy to get along with and that no one’s ever had anything to hold against me.
Which I truly feel happy to hear, because it means I’m on the right path.

But, as I said… My last day was spent first by waking up, fixing the last of my taxback at 8 o’clock in the morning, jumping in the pool for a bit of a swim and breath-training (I.e. swimming two lengths of the pool under water) and then waiting for Jo to get ready to go to the Byron Sunday Market.
She was, of course, taking her time… Which gave me time to pack my bags and spray my guitar with a gloss to keep all the writing on it. After that we went to the market and I ended up spending far more money than I actually have available to spend on stuff I’m sending home (it’s a package you are not allowed to open if it arrives before me by the way. Important).
I did buy myself a Fire twirling staff though. Just so that I’ll have something to do in New Zealand and Thailand. I do really enjoy fire twirling, and now I finally have a good staff to do it with, once which has the length I like and also which has the weight I prefer.
Then I went back to the pool and had a few beers with the crew before we all set out to the bus. It was a massive amount of people to say “see you later” too, so it took a bit longer than expected.

Now I’m once again sitting on the Premier Bus towards Sydney. It will be an approximately 12 hour bus journey and after that I’ll grab a train to the airport to finally catch the flight to Christchurch, New Zealand.

New adventures awaits me, and who am I to decline them my presence?
No, I am very confident that what I will do will give e more experiences and let me grow further as an individual, and I can’t wait for it to happen!

  • Comments(0)//

Back in Byron... again.

2009Posted by Jonte Tuesday, December 01 2009 06:59:54
Yeah, so I stretched my legs for a little while.
Went tree planting in Grafton. After one days work I realized I'd never get enough money to actually make anything out of it (after 6 hours work I earned 37 dollars). Sometimes you get shitty contracts, and sadly I didn't have the time to stick around to wait for a good one (which usually comes after).
So I spoke to my boss and left the next day, hitchhiking my way to Yamba to meet some old friends.

I was in luck, because after only about 45 minutes of walking down the road in the scorching heat with my backpack and my guitar I got a ride off an Aussie bloke.
He was going to Yamba as well to meet the same crew I was heading to. Fancy that eh?
He was a typical aussie who throws in "Ye know mate", "Fockin' 'ell mate!" "Ye know what I'm sayin' mate" into every single line. But after I while I learnt how to siv through the unneccissary commentary to make sure I understood what he was saying, which actually made me very confused in the beginning. Completely destroying the original purpose of the words.

When I finally reached Yamba it was a bit of a shock for me. It was so busy! They recogniced me immedietly when I stepped inside.
There was a completely new crew of course and a shit loads of schoolies (17-18 year olds who're on a party trip since they're finishing school).
So the hostel was a bit messier than before, which also ment they had to enforce a lot of rules they didn't before. It was still nice to see the Henwoods again.

After about two days there I left to hitch my way back to Byron and it only took me 3 different cars to get there (2,5 hour journey). Only locals, some were funny as hell. It was an amazing experience indeed.

I spoke to one guy who drove me the last bit from Lennox Heads to Byron and we began discussing the past Byron before the change.
He'd been living here his entire life and apparently the changes this small town has gone through are immensive.
He also spoke about how the attitude of the people and how the way they treated other people had changed.
People, and tourists especially were no longer treated as people, but more like disposable beings, to be used and then discarded.

It's despicable, but it's also one of the big truths of life I belive.
I had an conversation with Linus as well, he's a homeopath and knows a lot about medicine and history of diseases.
He told me many interesting things how mankind is currently destroying itself. I peiced toghether a few things myself of course, but the conversations and the knowledge of some of these people are just amazing.

I wrote a song about some of these things called 'Disposable Beigns', which is up on youtube. I'm going to try to link all my youtube videos from the Art's Factory Talent Show here. Or at least put them as my favourite on my youtube account and give you that.. or something.
When I get back home I'm going to upload all the videos myself on my youtube.
For now you'll have to do with the links.

Things right now are looking up, I'm rather looking forward to be on the road again and New Zealand holds many new adventures for me.
I'm happy with my time in Australia and will do my best to have an awesome time my last few days here in the Art's Factory.

I might build my own firestaff to take with me on my travels so I can practice in New Zealand and Thailand :)

Until next time!

My Songs

Disposable Beings
Thank You
Just One Look
Your Touch v.1
Your Touch v.2
It's My Time
The Encounter


Jonathan Coulton - Future Soon
Jonathan Coulton - Creepy Doll
Flight of the Conchords - The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room
Stephen Lynch - But I'm Not (With Adam Halliwell)
Stepthen Lynch - D&D (With Adam Halliwell)

Other Songs I'm In

Adam Halliwell - Angel of the Fallen (guitar and backup vocals)
Linus Wilson - Till the Sun Comes Up (backup vocals)
Beginners Bongo Band (bongo drummer!)

  • Comments(3)//

091122 - On the Road Again

2009Posted by Jonte Monday, November 23 2009 05:18:34
The time has come for me to move on yet another time. Not for very long, I had to promise that. Due to the fact that I only have 14 days left in Australia as of today.
It was a drawn out farewell when I left, from Jo, Marta and Alicia. Mostly from Jo who said that I was not allowed to leave. I wrote in her book today as well, just by the odd chance that I won’t come back. Last time I was going away tree planting I was gone for over 2 months. So she’s not sure what will happen. But I will do my best to work my ass off for a week so that I can get enough money to survive the last couple of days in Byron and also hopefully some to set me straight in New Zealand.

I spoke to Rob, the tree planting guy I worked for last time a few days ago and he told me that they had work for me. After much thinking I decided to go for it. To leave the peace and quiet of The Arts Factory (although there’s been a lot of shit happening there as well lately) to go planting trees with the old crew in Grafton.

I’m bringing Ollie with me as well, he’s an English dude whom I met in the Arts, awesome fella who’s got a massive amount of personality and has grown to be a very good friend of mine. He was thrown out of the Art’s Factory 2 days ago due to some weird circumstances which broke him. He’s broke as well and has been sleeping on the beach the last couple of days, and thus I helped him out and got him a job with the same crew I’m in, and although I’m only staying for about a week I’m hoping he’ll stay longer and earn a good bit of money and get to know the lads. It would also be good for him to sort himself out a bit I think. He’s got a lot on his mind and could need some time away from everything.

The planting crew is a good contact to have and I am sure that I will contact them when I return here next time to earn some extra cash.

There hasn’t been much happening otherwise for me. It’s been very chilled out and relaxed. I’m trying to sort my tax papers out to get my taxback and superannuation thingies fixed before I leave.
It’s a massive amount of forms and bullshit you have to go through to get these things back. The government has done their best to make it as complicated as possible so that the least amount of people will get their tax back.

I’ve noticed a very interesting thing lately, it was actually only a couple of days ago that I began doing this, mostly when I’ve had a few drinks. I’m pretty good at reading people. I started doing it with Marta for a joke. But the information I told her was apparently so accurate that I freaked her out and intrigued her at the same time. Intrigued mostly I believe, because we went to the Jungle Hut and were sitting on the edge, and I read every single person in there to her. To her, it all made sense and she really liked it.
I’ve read a few other people as well to their faces, and so far. I’ve been pretty accurate. Even Dave, who was very sceptic to the whole thing told me he was “pretty damned impressed actually”.

I’m not really sure what to make of it. But I find it very fun and also quite intriguing myself. Hopefully I’ll get even better at it as I go along.

The troubles I had earlier has all gone away and right now I am very much enjoying life with all its benefits.
It’s been a very interesting time for me here and I’ve learnt so much about myself. I have also changed very much. I know some things will not be fully appreciated by the people who knew me from before.
When I left Sweden I was a very innocent and good boy. I hope to return a man. It’s a very cliché thing to say, but it does make sense if you hear me out.

A person who is 30 years old but acts like a 14 year old will still be called a boy. But a 14 year old who acts as a 30 year old will be called a young man.
I hope to return a man who is secure in himself and is capable of making decisions by himself in a split second and not regretting them. A man who can take care of himself, no matter what he sets out to do. A man who feels fear, but knows how to overcome it.

All of these things are parts of growing up. And I know I’m on the right path due to the way I’m feeling about myself at the moment.

  • Comments(4)//


2009Posted by Jonte Wednesday, November 04 2009 06:06:25
Alrighty then! Here we go again.
Let me tell you a bit what's been going on, because I haven't really been bothered with doing anything lately, least of all sitting down writing in my blog...

The troubles that some of you might have heard me going through was something that I promised myself not to do when I was traveling - get attached.
The problem in this matter have been far more complicated that I ever thought they'd be, and I won't go into detail about this. Let's just say it's been a roller coaster of emotions, being pushed away for the wrong reasons and trust issues.

All that has been sorted out in my head now though and I hope I'll get to spend some good times with her before it's time for me to leave.

Otherwise than that I've got a few projects going on at the moment;

The things which takes most of my time at the moment is a conceptual project of characters, setting, etc, for a story I'm currently working on and maybe, one day, it'll turn into a game. We'll see. Could work.

Secondly comes the guitar, I'm trying to practice a new song which has an amazing picking method throughout it.
I'm a bit discouraged that so many people that I know have recorded cd's, whereas I didn't have the devotion to do it. And now it's too late. Maybe one day we'll get it done Vlad, once I've practiced a lot more.

Then we have the Firetwirling. Which I love. It's so much fun! I've done it a few more times with fire on the beach, the feeling is powerful and gracious at the same time. Very relaxing.

I'm also (a bit) trying to learn the Ukelelie, the Didjeridoo and the Jambe (african drum) here in camp. Which is always great fun.

The days just doesn't seem to be long enough to socialize and do everything though... it's a wicked life I'm living indeed. I'm going to try to keep doing all these crazy stuff I'm doing down here when I return back home as well as pick up a few others. But we'll see what happens in the future. I'm most certanly going to try to send a didgeridoo back home. If I learn how to play the frikkin' thing... and I have enough money to send it anywhere, hehe.

Best Regards everyone!
I'm off to practice some guitar!

  • Comments(3)//

Hum di dum...

2009Posted by Jonte Thursday, October 29 2009 08:35:26
Well, here we are again.
I'm still in the same location, doing pretty much the same things.

I got a job a while back where I've been working night-time (possibility to work from 02.00 - 12.00 (AM)). So I've been quite tired since I usually stay up with the people and are drinking with them, when they go to bed, I go to work.
Not that much fun, but it pays the money.

The work btw is cleaning a bar and restaurant. Booooring... And I don't get a lot of freebies either ;P

Otherwise than that not much is going on. I've been slacking off with my training lately and have had a few emotional difficulties. But hopefully they'll sort themselves out, otherwise I'll erm.. yeah... keep on walking and find something else to interest me ;P

Until next time I see you all again!

  • Comments(3)//
Next »